If you are currently doing Google SEO marketing for foreign trade companies, then you must do an analysis of Google SEO competitors.
- Your competitors have high-value information. Specifically, performing an SEO competitor analysis allows you to:
- Understand the pages of your competitors with high traffic.
- Understand the keywords that competitors rank for.
- Understand the content of competitors’ pages.
- This article will explain the competitor research of foreign trade B2B enterprise stations.
1. Identify competitors
- Before starting to do Google SEO, we must first determine our main competitors. Search product keywords or supplier words in Arehfs tool (in short, it is an English company website related to your product)
Put the keywords into the Keywords explorer on the ahrefs US site.
Now let us look at the SERP results and find the top five corporate websites with high traffic (B2C and content sites are not the scope of our consideration).
If you don’t have an ahrefs account, you can only use Google to search for the top competitors.
We need to find corporate sites related to our products (B2C and content sites are not competitors), and the Google seo traffic displayed by Aherfs can be at least 100+. For example, if we want to make the website seo aherfs show that the search volume is 300, then the website with thousands of search volume is not our competitor.
2. Analyze the seo profile of competitors
We need to analyze competitors’ seo data (DR, AR, number of external links, number of keywords, traffic, etc.).
Let’s use Ahrefs Batch Analysis tool to do this for all competitor websites immediately.
- Batch Analysis will list a lot of useful statistics for each site, but for now, I am interested in the following:
- Domain name (DR)
- Ahrefs ranking (AR)
- Number of foreign chain domains
- Estimated natural search traffic
- Estimated number of keyword positions
Recommend to read: 10 best Search Engine Optimization marketing strategies | Website ranking
3. Research their backlinks
First check their speed of acquiring new external link domains. For this, we’ll use Ahrefs Site Explorer.
Site Explorer> Enter domain name> Overview> Referring Domains chart> Set to “One year”
Backlinks >New> One link per domain Use the date range to filter the time period, you can see the newly added external link domains of competitors.
If most domains look like spam, it may be a negative SEO attack.
If most of the links point to the same webpage, then it is likely that a particular content works well. If there has been a spike recently, use the Best by links’ growth report to help determine what content attracts links.
If you see a large number of links from a specific type of content (for example, guest posts, resource pages, etc.), it may increase existing link building efforts.
Prioritize research on their high-quality backlinks (that is, external links in the content).
Choose One link per domain, Dofollow, Blogs:
In this way, you can find out the external links of the content context and study the quality of these external links.
4. Research traffic classification by country/region
Knowing which countries our competitors get a lot of SEO traffic from can help us understand the opportunities in this market.
Here, we’ll use Ahrefs Site Explorer.
Check the Organic keywords and Top pages in the site explorer and filter according to the above countries, so as to see what keywords and traffic pages are ranked by competitors’ websites in a certain country.
5. Natural keyword analysis of competitors
Next, we want to understand which keywords are driving Google SEO traffic to competitors websites. We can use ahrefs to run the “Organic keywords” report for each URL.
Above we can see that a certain opponent currently ranks 319 keywords in the United States.
By default, the “Organic Keywords” report shows the keyword rankings of the countries that generate the most search traffic.
But if you want to view keyword data in other countries, please click More to view other countries.
6. Identify content gaps
Content gap is to find keywords that your competitors rank for and you don’t have.
To find content gaps, we will use Ahrefs content gap tool. Site explorer -> Content gap
As you can see, it is possible to find keywords that you do not rank for from competitors.
If these keywords are your products, then you can write topics based on these keywords.
7. Find the content with the highest traffic from competitors
Keyword research is still a key part of search engine optimization, but today, Google’s understanding of the intent behind search can be said to be better than ever.
- Therefore, one page can easily rank hundreds or even thousands of long-tail keywords. By looking for competitors websites, we can find their pages:
- Ranking a lot of keywords
- There is a lot of Google SEO traffic
- Then we can write about these topics and get some long tail traffic.
For this, we will use the highest Pages report in Ahrefs Site Explorer.
You can also see how many keyword rankings are carried by your opponent’s high-traffic sites, you can view the content topics of the pages with high traffic and the external links of these pages, so you can estimate what work you need to rank these pages.
We also need to study the word count, depth, and topic range of pages with high traffic from competitors. Therefore, we can create better content than our opponents.
Recommend to read: Common steps for SEO website optimization
8. Find the most relevant content of your competitors
The Best by links report in Ahrefs Site Explorer shows which page the competitor has the most external and internal links.
In this way, we can view the entire external link structure of competitors, and view the number of unique external links and external links corresponding to their pages.
If you want to know how we can find people who link to our competitor’s content, all we need to do is click on the number under the referring domains column and we will see all the sites that link to that page. In other words, our competitors have created a list of potential external links for us.
In terms of SEO competitive analysis, all the above content is just the tip of the iceberg. You can also use other seo tools to delve into the entire marketing, content, and link building strategies of your competitors.